What is the opportunity?
- Optiva is a leading company in the telco industry and telco products, covering the full lifecycle of telecom billing system experience, including that of real-time and offline charging systems, together with CDR mediation and Policy Control. The company has multiple subsidiaries that span the globe and is seeking a Controller who will be responsible for the global accounting and finance function
- We’re seeking an experienced accountant to oversee this team in the role of a Corporate Controller. The ideal candidate will have proven industry experience as an accountant, preferably in a senior role. As a strong communicator and skilled financial analyst, you will make it your mission to streamline our financial reporting processes. You will produce thorough financial-status reports for senior management to help improve our operational efficiency and aid in our continued growth. You will be responsible for the internal and external public reporting of the Consolidated Company and multiple subsidiaries of Optiva around the globe. Optiva currently has entities within the Americas, EMEA and Asia.
What will you do?
- Responsible for direct supervision of all accounting and financial functions
- Managing the monthly close process – Implement and monitor the month, quarter and year-end closeout accounting schedules
- Develop monthly and quarterly accounting reports for the management and executive teams
- Review monthly accounting close process including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained
- Develop and manage financial controls in accordance with the company’s procedures
- Managing and coordinating the local statutory audits and compliance for various entities with the Finance Managers
- Provide leadership and support to accounts receivable and accounts payable departments
- Review Interco reconciliation and intercompany matching on a quarterly basis
- Introduce efficiencies to the overall work process and coordinate with various work areas to improve current processes or introduce new processes.
- Management of Capital Assets process and consolidated Capital Asset reporting
- Centrally manage, review and liaise with Finance Managers on balance sheet reconciliations for each entity and sign-off
- Posting some corporate quarterly journal entries
- Manage and prepare schedules for quarterly reviews and yearly audit procedures
- Liaising with the auditors on all aspects of the Consolidated audit
- Responsible for preparation of the external financial statements and assist in preparation of the MD&A
- Provides financial status information by preparing special reports; completing special projects.
- Adhere to standard accounting principles (IFRS) and company procedures.
- Perform accounting analyses and reporting to support decision-making purposes.
- Support Finance team on ad-hoc projects.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- Accounting designation (CMA, CGA or CA), or an equivalent combination of related experience and education
- Minimum 10 years accounting experience in a senior accounting or financial management role
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Impeccable analytical and organizational skills
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Ability to work closely with a senior management team
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word
- Experience working with Intacct or similar accounting software (NetSuite, Oracle, SAP)
- Excellent communication in English.
- Solid teamwork skills and ability to adapt to challenges.
- Experience with multinational accounting.
- Preference of audit/accounting experience in one of the Big Four accounting firms
- Comfortable with remote working communication software, including Google Chat, Hangouts, Meet, MS Teams and Skype.
- Ability to work independently. Occasionally this position may require overtime during busy periods (Quarter and Year-Ends).
Apply via email to email@example.com