This role offers the opportunity to join a best in class R&D team which delivers innovative solutions leveraging bleeding edge technology and processes. In this role you will be part one of our DBA team, practicing our agile framework, and supporting the team in the delivery of our high quality solutions on time.
- Work as an Oracle DB administrator for production instances.
- DBA Administration (from housekeeping to performance tuning and DR exercise)
- Designing maintenance procedures and putting them into operation.
- Liaising with programmers, applications/operational staff, IT project managers and other technical staff
- Defining the method/procedures to collect data to identify operational/Performance issues with remote DB.
- Providing user training, support and feedback
- Writing reports, documentation and operating manuals
Technical skills required:
- 6+ years of experience in database administration, information technology, database architecture, or a related field
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery
- Experience in Oracle RMAN and data pump
- Strong command on disaster recovery set up and troubleshooting
- Experience in Oracle data guard
- Strong understanding of SQL and PL/SQL development
- Strong understanding of database performance tuning and troubleshooting issues related to performance.
- Experience in Oracle performance tuning, query optimization, indexing, partitioning, clustering.
- Experience in Oracle RAC, CRS and ASM
- Experience in database upgrade and update
- Experience on database monitoring systems.
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- Great soft skills, teamwork, and adaptability to challenges
- Self-motivated and ability to stay focused amidst distractions.
- Willingness to learn new technologies (e.g., MS SQL DB, Spanner, others)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Extensive experience with different database technologies (ORACLE & MS-SQL)
- Oracle Certified DBA ( 10g/11g/12c/19c RAC (Real Application Cluster).)]
- Certified MYSQL Administrator
- Familiarity with SSAS, SSIS, SSRS
- Experience with Linux/Unix and Windows Server environments
- Experience in Telecom solutions (Protocol Handlers, OSS, BSS, Billing, Charging, CDR Mediation)
- MCSE/MCSA certifications preferred
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Microsoft Azure) a plus
- Experience with perl and bash scripting
- Experience with version control systems ( GIT ,clearcase)