What is the opportunity?
Optiva is an industry leader in cutting-edge cloud software technology using a SaaS model. Our product managers are leaders in adapting to our customers’ business requirements and fulfilling the vision Optiva has for customer partnerships. The System Architect specifies, end to end across all modules and layers, the concepts and functionality (business and technical) to be implemented in a commercial product, to fulfill the business requirements and value proposition, as defined by Product Management and/or customers.
Optiva, a leading cloud vendor in the BSS area, rocked the market by putting critical BSS components onto the public cloud to maximize cloud capabilities as the core of the product. Optiva’s portfolio offers a range of products with the digitalisation of the telco landscape and 5G opportunities. We focus on innovation and being the leading provider of BSS solutions on the cloud. Let’s shape the future of the telecom industry together.
What will you do?
- Analyze business requirement specifications from Product Management and/or Customers and specify the functionality to be implemented in the software product
- Review the related engineering software design documents, product documentation, product description and product marketing material to ensure conformance with the Functional Software Specification (FSP)
- Assist engineering teams with the implementation phase, by supporting the development and QA engineers and technical writers of product documentation
- Continuously monitor and proactively improve the system architecture of the product they work for
- Facilitate the scale-up of product functionality knowledge by executing internal enablement activities
- Monitor and keep up-to-date with the functionality built in the product; this includes the review of the Functional Software Specification (FSP) written by other System Architects
- Monitor and review the 3rd party products dependency of our products
- Review business requirement specs (from Product or from Customer Success Teams)
- Support on-demand technical project management with the engineering planning related to the software requirement specifications (story dependency, content clarifications)
- Support Engineering during the implementation phase (design, coding, testing, bug fixing, product documentation, training development, demo development). This includes content clarification and sprint reviews and demos.
- Create and/or update overall system architectural overview and diagrams (senior levels)
- Evolve the product to cloud-native compliances and running in Google Cloud Platform or private cloud options
What do you need to succeed?
- Solid understanding of telecom business support systems (BSS) functional areas, business processes and main concepts. Knowledge of standards like TM Forum Framework (SID, TAM, eTOM) and 3GPP Policy Control & Charging (PCC) architecture. 5G SBI knowledge (Nchf, Npcf, etc.) is a significant plus
- Strong industry-specific knowledge in two or more functional areas of, e.g., (but not limited to): charging, billing, product catalog, order management and customer/subscriber management; this includes business terms, functional maps and processes
- Expertise in cloud capabilities, methodologies, SRE and DevOps practices and new cloud technologies
- Architecture certification for one of AWS, Azure or Google Cloud Platform is desirable
- Expertise in software specifications, architecture and design, including architectural and design patterns and modeling techniques (UML)
- Expertise in enterprise software architectural patterns and integration concepts like service-oriented architectures (SOA) and enterprise middleware technologies (ESB, BPM)
- Expertise in software architectural patterns and solutions for non-functional concerns, e.g., cloud, high availability, real-time processing, clustering, geographical redundancy, scalability (up/down, out/in), migration, backward compatibility of interfaces
- Practical experience in the design and implementation of real-time distributed transaction processing system software is mandatory
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to abstract
- Innovative, creative, “out-of-the-box” thinking
- Technical leadership and influencer
- Takes the initiative and is pro-active, self-motivated and highly reliable
- Ability of argumentation, negotiation and conflict resolution (related to content), but also sharing knowledge
- Communication skills (written and spoken) with technical team, business team and management team; write well-structured and understandable documents and presentations
- Willingness to work with an international development team and occasionally travel to other locations
- Fluent in English – written and spoken
- Creative, courageous, with a sense of humour
- Ability to thrive in a remote work environment
Apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org