What is the opportunity?
This position is responsible for the company’s tax compliance, tax planning, and accounting for taxes. The successful candidate will work with business units, product team, service providers, and other tax professionals in carrying out their responsibilities. They will work with financial management within the company and third-party service providers.
The ideal candidate is a team player who manages the tax team to a greater performance, creates and implements tax plans, and works with the accounting and leadership teams to identify opportunities for process improvement and potential areas of risk.
The Tax Manager will ensure compliance with state and international tax law through a series of systems and system controls that are designed to ensure accurate, timely reporting. They will monitor current and impending changes to tax regulation and make the appropriate updates to policies and strategies.
What will you do?
- Develop and implement tax planning strategies to reduce tax expense, eliminate tax exposures, minimize audit deficiencies, and maintain a competitive effective tax rate
- Oversee tax operations and be responsible for the timely delivery of all tax compliance services (direct and indirect) and all internal tax operations processes
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy and adequacy of business’ tax filing processes as well as driving best practice process on internal IFRS/GAAP and stat accounting and reporting for taxes
- Engage and work with FP&A and Treasury to forecast quarterly and annual effective tax rates and cash tax outflows
- Manage communications with leadership, controllership, FP&A, treasury, tax consultants, and external auditors on emerging tax accounting issues
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of consolidated federal, state, and local income tax returns and other business related filings
- Develop and evaluate tax strategies and explore opportunities for tax planning and optimization for the organizations
- Provide leadership and guide members of the tax team as they prepare components of the company’s other entities’ income tax return and other tax documents
- Monitor legislative and regulatory tax law developments, communicate the effects of these developments to management and the tax team, and create strategies to capitalize on changes to taxation legislation
What do you need to succeed?
- Minimum of 15+ years of relevant experience working in public accounting or related experience as a tax manager or tax director
- Diversified corporate tax experience spanning financial reporting, income tax compliance, indirect tax, and experience managing a team and/or third-party advisor relationship
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college in accounting, finance, or law. Professional degree in accountancy, commerce/finance, law, public policy, economics, or related field
- Experience with a global tax consultancy or multinational business, law firm, or public policy organization
Apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org