What is the opportunity?
- Optiva is a leading company in the telco industry and telco products, covering the full lifecycle of telecom billing system experience, including that of real-time and offline charging systems, together with CDR mediation and Policy Control. The company has multiple subsidiaries that span the globe and is seeking a General Ledger Accountant who is responsible for the accounting processes of these entities
- The General Ledger Accountant ensures the integrity and accuracy of accounting data within Optiva’s accounting books on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis. The General Ledger Accountant is expected to analyze accounts for variances and ensure that account reconciliations are performed monthly
- The General Ledger Accountant works closely with the Senior Manager, Finance and is responsible for multiple subsidiaries within Optiva on a global scale. Optiva currently has entities within the Americas, EMEA and Asia
- The General Ledger Accountant will work with local accountants in individual countries to ensure compliance with sales taxes (GST / VAT) and financial reporting requirements, including local financial statement filings and audits.
What will you do?
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual close processes by preparing journal entries, analyzing the P&L, and reconciling the balance sheet for individual entities within Optiva’s global organization
- Ensure compliance with VAT / GST returns on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Lead and work with local auditors within the entities the Accountant is responsible for. Ensure financial statements are prepared and filed with authorities within deadlines to maintain compliance with local laws
- Assist various internal departments in accounting issues and queries
- Support Consolidated audit by providing documentation of entries and answering queries as required
- Follow documentation retention policy to maintain accounting files
- Adhere to standard accounting principles (IFRS) and company procedures
- Perform accounting analyses and reporting to support decision-making purposes
- Support Finance team on ad-hoc projects.
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a similar Accounting role
- Comfortable working with Microsoft Office, including Excel and Word
- Experience working with Intacct or similar accounting software (NetSuite, Oracle, SAP)
- Google Sheets and Presentation skills preferred
- Excellent communication in English
- Solid teamwork skills and ability to adapt to challenges
- Prior experience working in a 100% remote environment preferred, but not required
- Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or MBA
- Certified Public Accountant or similar qualification
- Experience with multinational accounting
- Comfortable with remote working communication software, including Google Chat, Hangouts, Meet, MS Teams and Skype
- Ability to work independently. Occasionally this position may require overtime during busy periods (Quarter and Year-Ends)
Apply via email to email@example.com