What is the opportunity?
Optiva is an industry leader in cutting-edge cloud software technology (Public & Private) using a SaaS model. Our Lead customer solution architects are leaders in adapting to our customers’ business requirements and fulfilling the vision Optiva has for customer partnerships with Customers to capture and document BSS requirements and enable customers to launch E2E Optiva BSS systems and monetize services.
Lead Architect also contributes to the process of matching the customer demands with the available BSS portfolio (incl. 3rd party offerings) and defines the high-level requirements in terms of features, interfaces, and migration and ensures scope is defined and documented in alignment with the Sales Technical solution proposal.
Optiva, a leading cloud vendor in the BSS area, rocked the market by putting critical BSS components onto the public cloud to maximize cloud capabilities as the core of the product. Optiva’s portfolio offers a range of products with the digitalization of the telco landscape and 5G opportunities. We focus on innovation and being the leading provider of BSS solutions on the cloud. Let’s shape the future of the telecom industry together.
What will you do?
- Analyze business requirement specifications from Customers and specify the functionality to be implemented in the project in alignment with the Technical Solution proposal
- Review the related engineering software design documents, product documentation, product description to ensure customer requirements can be delivered via out of box configuration management.
- Assist engineering teams with the implementation phase, by supporting the development and product architects with the support needed to understand any delta scope and any customization requirements arising out of delta scope analysis.
- Continuously monitor and proactively feedback customer solution feedback and suggest improvements back to Optiva product management teams.
- Facilitate the scale-up of product functionality knowledge by executing internal enablement activities
- Review Bill of materials and bill of resources and assistance as needed in the capacity/dimensioning of customers as they are onboarded to the SaaS Platform.
- Monitor and review 3rd party vendor integration that needs Interoperability testing with Optiva BSS systems
- Review roadmaps provided by Product management and ensure any enhancements provided as a roadmap is fed back to the customer or Optiva Sales team that can improve a customer problem existing in their deployment associated with architecture
- Support Optiva project management with the engineering planning related to the software requirement specifications (story dependency, content clarifications)
- Support Sales Engineering during the pre-sales phase (product use case clarifications, SOC’s assessment, Technical solution creation, or demo use case development & showcase).
- Create and/or update overall customer system architectural overview and diagrams as customers evolve their deployments with Optiva systems
What do you need to succeed?
- Solid understanding of telecom business support systems (BSS) functional areas, business processes, and main concepts. Knowledge of standards like TM Forum Framework (SID, TAM, eTOM) and 3GPP Policy Control & Charging (PCC) architecture. 5G SBI knowledge (Nchf, Npcf, etc.) is a significant plus
- Strong industry-specific knowledge in two or more functional areas of, e.g., (but not limited to): charging, billing, product catalog, order management, and customer/subscriber management; this includes business terms, functional maps, and processes
- 5-10 years of experience in designing E2E BSS solutions for telco carriers.
- Expertise in cloud capabilities, methodologies, SRE and DevOps practices, and new cloud technologies
- Architecture certification for one of AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform is desirable
- Expertise in software specifications, architecture, and design, including architectural and design patterns
- Expertise in software architectural patterns and solutions for non-functional concerns, e.g., cloud, high availability, real-time processing, clustering, geographical redundancy, scalability (up/down, out/in), migration, backward compatibility of interfaces
- Knowledge of agile development methodologies
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to abstract
- Innovative, creative, “out-of-the-box” thinking
- Technical leadership and influencer
- Takes the initiative and is pro-active, self-motivated, and highly reliable
- The ability of argumentation, negotiation, and conflict resolution (related to content), but also sharing knowledge
- Communication skills (written and spoken) with the technical team, business team, and management team; write well-structured and understandable documents and presentations
- Willingness to work with an international development team and occasionally travel to other locations
- Ability to thrive in a remote work environment
- 20-40% travel throughout the year can be expected on average.
- Possess the maturity to adapt to different corporate environments
- Should be fluent in English (in addition native language Spanish mandatory for candidates based in Mexico or Peru)
Apply via email to: email@example.com