What is the opportunity?
- Optiva is a leading company in telco industry and telco products, covering the full lifecycle of telecom billing system experience, including that of real-time and offline charging systems, together with CDR mediation and Policy Control;
- The Principal Software Engineer handles the most complex software cases, designing, developing, testing and releasing quality software, taking into account industry-level development and documentation practices;
- As a software engineer, you will be working in a team of mixed skills professionals (business analysts, system integration, QA, Ops teams) on Optiva’s innovative solutions for OSS/BSS;
- You will investigate issues by reviewing/debugging code, providing fixes and reviewing changes for operability to maintain existing software solutions;
- You will engage in design sessions with multi-disciplinary teams aimed at shaping the future of our systems.
- You will work in cross-organizational assignments that will include interacting with the Professional Services and Sales teams.
What will you do?
- Design and develop software solutions by studying information needs; checking with users; studying systems flow, data usage and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle;
- Determine operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development and proposed solutions;
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code;
- Prepare and install solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards and programming;
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures
- Update job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations;
- Protect operations by keeping information confidential;
- Provide information by collecting, analyzing and summarizing development and service issues;
- Accomplish engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed;
- Support and develop software engineers by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities;
- Mentor all levels of engineers;
- First and foremost, developing software our users need;
- Collaborate with team to brainstorm and create new products;
- Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring;
- Make informed decisions quickly and taking ownership of services and applications at scale;
- Work collaboratively with others to achieve goals;
- Be a persistent, creative problem solver;
- Remain cool and effective in a crisis;
- Stay on the leading edge of development practices;
- Passionate about great technologies, especially open source;
- Understand business needs and know how to create the tools to manage them;
What do you need to succeed?
- More than 10 years developing software using Java (Spring/Spring Boot, Microservice architectures, REST) or .NET (Dynamics CRM experience would be a plus);
- Experience working with Cloud solutions (GCP, AWS, or Azure) and Containers (Kubernetes, Docker);
- Experience designing the software architecture of mission-critical enterprise systems.
- Should possess excellent debugging skills, should be able to analyse threads dumps, GC, Memory leaks.
- DB Knowledge: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis;
- Unit and Integration tests experience;
- Excellent OOP skills;
- Experience working with CICD, GIT, Jira, Jenkins;
- Excellent communication in English;
- Knowledge of Agile methodology;
- Very good soft skills, Teamwork and adaptability to challenges;
- Experience in Telecom solutions (Protocol Handlers, OSS, BSS, Billing, Charging, CDR Mediation) would be a plus;
- Experience with Optiva Unified Charing Application (Flex Logic, IPD, ngOM, CAF, etc.)
- Knowledge of 3GPP standards, 3G, 4G Architecture and Technologies
Apply via email to “email@example.com”