The Procurement and Vendor Manager will form part of the Procurement and Vendor Management team which forms part of Optiva’s global General and Administrative organization led by the CFO.
The Procurement and Vendor Management team’s activities are currently threefold:
Procurement: Managing the purchase of all required goods (HW, SW, SW licenses) and/or services which are needed by the company either for corporate needs (e.g. R&D, Legal, IT, Marketing…etc.) or for end-customer related purposes (e.g. new projects, running support contracts…etc.) through the company existing / new vendors according to the governing terms and conditions.
Vendor Management: Researching and sourcing of vendors, obtaining quotes with pricing, capabilities, turnaround times, and quality of work, negotiating contracts, managing relationships, assigning jobs, evaluating performance, and ensuring payments are made.
Business Support: Supporting the Optiva’s business; this includes 3P cost forecasting, 3P cost allocation, supporting care and service teams with ad-hoc requests, global support contracts renewals, providing support to pre-sales activities, etc.
What is the opportunity?
The Procurement and Vendor Manager will work closely with the team’s Head as well as with Optiva’s senior management to ensure that the relevant key corporate objectives as established and communicated by the Executive Leadership Team, are continuously supported/met.
It is important in this role to build relationships and networks across the organisation to establish the desired operating model and set the adherence to Procurement’s ways of working. These relationships coupled with commercial and economic insight need to be harnessed to continuously drive tangible improvements across Optiva and to achieve recognised procurement best practice.
The expectation for this role is to interface with all key stakeholders and manage all procurement activities focusing on contract synergies to drive leverage and optimize both from savings and efficiency standpoint.
What will you do?
- Delivering an excellent procurement service to internal customers/stakeholders
- Managing supplier relationships during the procurement projects and interventions
- Accountable for delivery of procurement projects driving efficiencies and savings for the business
- Building strong working relationships with core centralized teams
- Driving continuous improvement for the processes utilized
- Managing all procurement activities, including but not limited to:
- Export control and trade compliance
- Supply chain project management
- Hardware and software license key delivery
- Maintenance of the Master Item Catalogue (MIC)
- OEM support ordering and cost management
- Third-party cost planning
- Controlling: Report 3rd party costs cross-check against planned/expected values, initiate measures
- Reporting: Compile information about costs and report as a comprehensive view
- Purchase Order approvals
- OEM Support SLA monitoring / Performance Management
- Control and review of OEM list in product releases
- Support cost estimations (using own calculation tool) in tendering phase / re-negotiations
- Provide customer-specific support (for ex. explain contracts, review customer-specific SLAs, provide guidance regarding deviations from the standard, support analysis of existing contracts, etc.)
- Royalty reporting of consumed licenses
- Global support renewals
- Managing all vendor management activities, including but not limited to:
- Maintain a repository of all contracts and support contact procedures
- Supporting the delivery of contract renewals whilst leveraging spend, driving efficiencies and savings for the business and supporting delivery of business strategy and third party supply chain control
- Business support activities
- Third-party cost forecasting
- Third-party cost allocation
- Supporting Care and Service teams with ad-hoc requests
- Providing support during pre-sales activities
- Any other responsibility as directed by the role’s manager
You need to have:
- Good knowledge of strategic procurement theories and concepts, financial risk and liability, including understanding the commercial risks associated with the direct and indirect supply chain
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to cut through information and draw out key trends/insight to support decision making
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, and the ability to communicate to a range of stakeholders at all levels of the organisation
- Working knowledge of international regulatory and legislative frameworks relevant to the business
- Strong knowledge of procurement best practices and good network/links with relevant external bodies
- Strong knowledge of software and hardware supplier marketplace in terms of typical pricing models, breadth of suppliers and their reseller network, including a broad understanding of the market trends and dynamics
- Experience drawing key trends and insight from a complex range of data and driving action from that insight
- Experience of working with a range of external suppliers, able to tailor the approach based on the nature of Optiva’s relationship with a specific partner or client
- Experience of commercial and contract negotiation, including the drafting, execution and renewal of commercial contracts with a track record of delivering savings to target and timelines
- Experience of building relationships and influencing a range of internal and external stakeholders with the ability to manage competing priorities and business objectives
- Strong self-management and project management skills
- Excellent presentation skills, creative, innovative, motivated, dynamic, and results-oriented
Desirable qualification :
- MBA from Reputed University, or a related field with 5+ years of experience working in a software or IT business or services based procurement function
- Experience of working in a matrix environment / or virtual team environment
Will Report to :
- The Head of Procurement, Contract Management and Information Governance, Global Operations
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org