What is the opportunity?
- Optiva is a leading company in the telecom industry, including the full life cycle of telecom billing system experience, real-time and offline charging systems, CDR mediation and policy control
- The Revenue Analyst will be required to own and execute a set of processes within the Sales Operations Revenue Recognition team which could include, but are not limited to: revenue forecasting, revenue reporting, service agreement renewals, purchase order management, or ad hoc planning activities
- This role will also own activities within the designated processes and will be expected to drive efficiencies and process improvements over time
- This is a highly networked role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines. It will require strong people management and collaboration skills.
What will you do?
- Working with Sales teams to consolidate, track and validate the revenue forecast, outlook and actuals on a weekly basis
- Drive monthly and quarterly close activities with Finance and Accounting teams for revenue incurred or accrued
- Manage purchase orders and collaborate with Accounts Receivable and Sales on collections
- Facilitate renewal of service contracts by working with Pricing, Contracts, and Sales teams to assure that agreement are renewed on time
- Facilitate the transfer of executed contracts to Finance and Accounting teams with proper revenue recognition guidance
- Work with Salesforce and business intelligence/reporting tools to drive automation and efficient adoption and use of technology across the teams
- Review, comment and correct various elements of solution write up and overall response document
- Develop templates to standardize reporting and data availability
- Contribute to process improvements and knowledge management for the Sales Operation team
What do you need to succeed?
- A result-oriented professional with a minimum of 2 years of finance or accounting experience OR equivalent education
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel or equivalent
- Solid knowledge of revenue recognition principles, preferably in a software or project accounting environment
- Experience in working with global teams
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team, meet demanding deadlines and take ownership of assignments from start to finish.
- Solid business acumen to understand the downstream implications of financial performance, revenue policies, and processes
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven ability to own a process and drive continuous improvement
- Understanding of enterprise software pricing models and commercial terms and conditions
- Experience in working closely with sales teams
- Experience in enterprise SaaS companies or the telecommunications industry
- Graduate in BE/ B. Tech and MBA, with 2-5 years of relevant experience in finance and/or accounting
- Experience working with Salesforce and/or business intelligence applications (e.g. Tableau)
Apply via email to email@example.com