If you are an experienced engineer with the ability to work aggressively to identify, analyse, research, and resolve challenges on all aspects of an IT solution being deployed in the customer environment. If you are showing exceptional performance in the face of tight deadlines and tough technical and organisational challenges. You are able to create success in challenging situations, through brilliant problem solving, communication, and relentless persistence. If you have a steadfast and calm attitude in stressful situations and an ability to make good decisions with limited information. You are able to plan all integration tasks of a BSS project and lead an international team in different time zones of on-site and remote resources. If you’re looking to join a global telecommunications team and lead the integration for complex BSS architectures, then this role is for you.
Optiva Inc. is a leading provider of mission-critical, cloud-native revenue management software for the telecommunications industry. Our products are delivered globally on the private and public cloud. The Company’s solutions help service providers maximize digital, 5G, IoT and emerging market opportunities to achieve business success. Established in 1999, Optiva Inc. is on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX:OPT).
Key Responsibilities :
- Execution of on-site and remote deployment, integration and test of complex BSS architectures incl. internal products and ecosystem of new or already installed applications, interfaces configuration & integration
- Executing configuration of customer tariff structure
- Co-accountable for Operational Launch of the solution
- Co-accountable for functional and non-functional testing of the deployed solution.
- Working with 3rd parties in trouble resolution and ensuring compliance to requirements
- Total of 5+ years of work experience with BSS technology products and services
- Extensive experience with Redhat LINUX and shell/Perl scripting
- Experience in using Redhat Openshift, Kubernetes, CI/CD technics, deployment
- Knowledge of mobile telecom networks GSM/CDMA, billing solutions, real time rating and charging systems, Self-care solutions (Web, USSD, IVR), Web Portals
- Knowledge of multiple technologies including (but not limited to) TCP/IP, SOAP, SS7, Diameter, Http(s) strongly preferred.
- Understanding of Systems Integration business with experience in one or more aspects of Telecom BSS solution deployment/integration.
- Excellent organizational skills with the proven ability to work proactively under minimal supervision.
- Strong customer and business focus
- Strong critical thinking and analysis skills Creative, innovative and strategic thinking
- Sound understanding of operator business drivers and technology
- Ability to construct SQL queries to retrieve complex information from a database.
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving ability
- Excellent written and oral English communication and presentation skills.
Nice to Have:
- Test Automation experience
- Knowledge of Optiva TCB or OCE (aka Unified) products.
- Knowledge of configuring network elements including switches, routers, and load-balancers valued.
- Approx. 20% travel throughout the year can be expected.
- Possess the maturity to adapt to different corporate environments
- Should be fluent in English