What is the opportunity?
The company’s explosive growth and ambitious business goals require a Senior Support Engineer capable of navigating a complex, highly dynamic and fast-paced environment. We’re one of the few legitimate companies offering high-paying jobs that are 100% remote, work from home.
We provide software support services for highly-available, real-time systems used by Telecommunication Service Providers. We are looking for Senior Support Engineers who are passionate about helping customers and if this appeals to you, then you should strongly consider this position.
NOTE: Senior Support Engineer position also assumes candidates being ready to take emergency call rotations every few weeks, where 24/7 availability is required.
What will you do?
- Take ownership of support incidents and use all available resources and knowledge to resolve them
- Update Knowledge base articles with the solutions provided by you
- Consistently improve the quality of your work by internalizing the feedback and coaching you receive from regular reviews of your completed tickets.
What do you need to succeed?
- 2+ years of experience as a customer-facing support agent
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Proficiency Linux/Unix platforms administration
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Ability to take emergency shifts every few weeks
- You should have technical proficiency in Linux and/or Unix administration, basic networking knowledge and practical understanding of TCP/IP protocol
- Familiarity with Fujitsu, Oracle and HP server remote administration and/or EMC storage devices is a plus. Familiarity with telecommunications protocol standards is a big plus
- You need to be well versed in current software support practices and tools including troubleshooting, virtual environments, issue tracking, log investigation, build testing, and ticket management
- You need to be familiar or have experience with Infrastructure Virtualization software like Vmware vSphere or Oracle VM Server
Soft skills required:
- You must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, so you can communicate effectively and professionally with customers
- You must be fluent in English
- Knowledge of Spanish language is a plus
- Problem-solving and troubleshooting skills
- Time Management and Prioritization – you will need to manage your time and prioritize effectively while working multiple issues for multiple customers
Apply via email to email@example.com