What is the opportunity?
The company’s explosive growth and ambitious business goals require a Support Engineer capable of navigating a complex, highly dynamic and fast-paced environment. We’re one of the few legitimate companies offering jobs that are 100% remote, work from home.
What will you do?
- Be online for one of three daily shifts, as part of a team providing 24×7 global support
- Take ownership of support incidents and use all available resources and knowledge to resolve them
- Consistently improve the quality of your work by internalizing the feedback and coaching you receive from regular reviews of your completed tickets
- Take emergency call rotations every few weeks, where 24/7 availability is required
What do you need to succeed?
- 2-3 years experience in a telco technical role – preferably in Support/Managed Services
Technical skills required:
- Familiarity with telecom BSS products
- Knowledge in Linux and/or Unix administration, basic networking knowledge and practical understanding of TCP/IP protocol and basic DB administration skills (Oracle DB, MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server)
- Familiarity with Fujitsu, Oracle and HP server remote administration and/or Dell/EMC storage devices is a plus
- Familiarity with telecommunications protocol standards (especially SS7/SIGTRAN and Diameter) is a big plus
- Shell script writing for simple tasks/debugging is a big plus
Soft skills required:
- Ability to communicate confidently with highly technical customers using perfect written and spoken English (Spanish is a plus)
- Customer advocacy, empathy and keen attention to detail
- Experience troubleshooting and solving technical problems
- Problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge base article and playbook preparation for building up team reference documentation
Apply via email to: email@example.com