What is the opportunity?
- Optiva is a leading company in the telecom industry, including the full life cycle of telecom billing system experience, real-time and offline charging systems, CDR mediation and policy control;
- We’re searching for an experienced technical writer to join our team and help take our customer-focused services to new successes, supported with brilliant documentation.
- As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering
- Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand.
- You are capable of designing and driving documentation structure for Optiva to improve business results
- As a Technical writer, you will be working in a team of mixed-skill professionals (senior management, engineering managers, business analysts, system integration, Development, QA, Ops teams, etc.) on Optiva’s innovative solutions for OSS/BSS, having direct contact with upper management.
What will you do?
- Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success
- Develop and maintain detailed databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement
- Translate customer requirements into technical specifications, putting them into Jira
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements
- Independently gather information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with Product management, Product/Project development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
What do you need to succeed?
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical field
- 2-4 years’ industry experience as an effective technical writer
- Proven ability to quickly learn and understand complex topics, granulate them into achievable milestones and MVPs on documentation level
- Previous experience writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail
- Experience working with Product-oriented engineering to improve user experience: design, UI, and help refine content and create visuals and diagrams for technical support content
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, with an eye for prioritization
Optional Skills and Qualifications:
- Firm understanding of the systems development life cycle (SDLC)
- Ability to work in Agile Sprints, understanding of criteria to deliver Demos
- Previous software development experience is a big plus
- Certification through the Society for Technical Communicators is a plus
- Experience using XML/Lab/Math tools to create documentation
Apply via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org